Today, we celebrate 7 years of the Empowered Arab Sisterhood! Take a trip down memory lane with us as we revisit 7 of our favorite moments over the last year.
2. Back to Our Roots. Our newest addition, the Zetas of the University of Michigan introduced a new tradition in their inaugural year which not only brought our sisters back to our roots but exposed the surrounding Michigan community to the most enticing aspect of our culture: THE FOOD!
4. Bringing Awareness to Yemen Crisis. Our beautiful beta chapter sisters Anna Rita Moukarzel, Samantha Jildeh, and Salma Helwa educated UC Davis community on the often forgotten humanitarian crisis in Yemen.
5. Granting First Academic Scholarships! This year we were excited to award our first academic scholarships to the highest performers of the Kayany Schools. We are so proud of these empowered little ladies for excelling academically in the face of adversity.
6. Chartering our Zetas! On March 23rd, 2019 our Zeta chapter was officially chartered at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. The Zetas have made quite the impact in the Michigan community in their inaugural year and have already left an imprint in our ever-growing organization!
7. Our Sisters Visiting the Epsilon Alpha Sigma sponsored Library in the Bekaa Valley. Pictured are Elena Salman of our Alpha Chapter and Silan Fadlallah of our Zeta Chapter who recently conducted a site visit of the Kayany schools in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon.