- Hina Moheyuddin is a third year Political Science major of Pakistani descent. Hina is fluent in reading and writing Arabic.
- Nivan Khair is a second year Genetics major of Palestinian descent.
- Yasmeen Wally is a third year Nutrition major of Egyptian descent.
- Josephine Zumot is a third year English major of Palestinian and Jordanian descent.
- Sarah Amin is a fourth year Economics major of Pakistani descent. Sarah is fluent in reading and writing arabic and has a deep interest in the arab culture.
- Rosanna Bahu is a third year Psychology major of Palestinian descent.
- Noor Ereiqat is a third year Managerial Economics major of Palestinian descent.
- Sara Abdel-Wahab (not pictured) is a third year Human Development major of Egyptian descent.
- Katrina Gadala (not pictured) is a fourth year Excercise Biology major of Palestinian descent.
We are proud to introduce the Dovelet pledges of our Beta Chapter's Alpha Class for fall of 2013. With the success of their first rush, the sisters of the Empowered Arab Sisterhood at UC Davis are expected to welcome nine new sisters upon the completion of their Dovelet Pledge Program. Congratulations and welcome to the sisterhood Ladies!
Women's Empowerment Week
We are proud to announce our beta chapter's first ever philanthropy event, Women's Empowerment Week. In collaboration with the Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority of UC Davis, this week long event will serve to empower women, to enlighten women, and to move women to break the stereotypes that seek to define them. All proceeds from the week's events will be allocated to "A Window Between Worlds," a nonprofit organization dedicated to using art as a healing tool for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and interpersonal trauma. The week will include some treats that combine the taste of the Arab and Latin worlds, a self defense class that will allow you to empower yourself by defending yourself, and a chance to empower yourself by using your hand as a canvas to speak up and showcase your empowerment! A schedule of all activities can be found on the event page linked below. The ladies of the Empowered Arab Sisterhood at UC Davis look forward to seeing you all there!
❤ Gammas ❤
The Alpha Chapter of the Empowered Arab Sisterhood is proud to introduce our Gamma Pledge class for fall of 2013. We are beyond excited to welcome these ladies into the sisterhood and cannot wait to see the amazing impact they will have. Mabrook loves! ❤